Información del museo
Acerca del museoVer vídeo
Monte Sant'Angelo, with its 843 meters above sea level, is the highest inhabited center of the Gargano. Thanks to a wonderful panoramic position it enjoys a breathtaking view open to the west on the Tavoliere and to the south on the Gulf of Manfredonia.
Monte Sant'Angelo is known throughout the world for its religious history, becoming a must for pilgrims. Saints, emperors, popes, kings, or simple faithful, have come here to kneel before the altar of the Archangel Michael.
Seat of the Gargano National Park and World Heritage Site, the life of the town is concentrated around the Basilica-Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo, built between the fifth and the sixth century, when, according to tradition, the apparitions of the archangel in a cave. The Lombards, who in that period dominated in southern Italy, made it their national sanctuary. In a short time it became a renowned center in all of Christianity and an obligatory destination, not only for pilgrims from all over Europe, but also for the Crusaders leaving for Jerusalem.
In order to offer this audioguide for free we have been forced to reduce production costs, using, of course, artificial intelligence both for translation and sound commentary.
Monte Sant'Angelo, Basilica-Sanctuary of San Michele Arcangelo
milestone of Christianity
Production: Francesco Pinto
Technical collaboration: Marco Benedetto
- Azzara, S. Gasparri (edd.), LE LEGGI DEI LONGOBARDI. STORIA, MEMORIA, E DIRITTO DI UN POPOLO GERMANICO, Fonti 1, Milano 1992.
- Gasparri S. (ed.), IL REGNO DEI LONGOBARDI IN ITALIA. ARCHEOLOGIA, SOCIETA', ISTITUZIONI, Spoleto 2004.
- Lagioia A., 2017 - La memoria agiografica di San Michele sul Gargano, pp.223, Collana: Bibliotheca Michaelica, ISBN: 978-88-7228-854-2.
- Arena Taddei M.S., Delogu P, Paroli L, , Ricci M, Sagui L, Venditelli L(edd.), ROMA DALL'ANTICHITA' AL MEDIOEVO. CULTURA E STORIA, Milano 2001.
- BASILICA-SANCTUARY OF SAN MICHELE, santuariosanmichele, URL consulted on 31 December 2018
- Stazione M, SAN MICHELE ARCANGELO, Patron of the universal Church, Edition Sugarco, 2014;
- BASILICA-SANCTUARY OF SAN MICHELE. Gargano, URL consulted December 26, 2018;
- BASILICA-SANCTUARY OF SAN MICHELE, miliziadisanmichelearcangelo, URL consulted on December 16 2018.
Congratulations and thank you for using our audio guide.
To be updated on the new audio guides on Puglia and on Monte Sant'Angelo, in particular, consult izi.TRAVEL on a regular basis.
You would do us a favor if you commented our work with a review. Thank you.
Good stay in Monte Sant'Angelo, the town of San Michele.
Objetos mostrados con sonido
The Sacred Line of St. Michael
The first Apparition
Second Apparition - of Victory
Third appearance - the Dedication
The Fourth Apparition - The plague
The Cave of San Michele - the bell tower
The Cave of San Michele - Entrance
The Cave of San Michele - The Angevin Staircase
The Cave of Saint Michael - The Bronze Doors
The Cave of Saint Michael - Capella of the Holy Sacrament
The Cave of San Michele - The Altar of the Madonna del Suffragio
The Altar of St. Michael the Archangel
No hay reseñasEscriba la primera reseña